#BookBlogWriMo Day 15 and 16!!
So, I was out of pocket all day yesterday, thus you have a two-in-one post!!
My Favorite Book Blogging Things
- Getting to read – Well, I’d hope this was one of my favorite things about this process, otherwise doing it would be silly!!
- Meeting new people – I’ve met so many great authors and bloggers through this process. Having the chance to become an editor for one of those authors was even greater and that wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t have this blog. They’re something great about being a part of this community; we all understand the addiction.
- Discovering new favorite authors and books – Oh my. My Kindle has SO many great books on it. I’m always finding new great books on BookHub and through book tours and recommendations.
- Free books – Ah, does this really need explanation? This is a wonderful perk.
- The opportunity to do what I love – I went to school for English and Journalism, so I’m happy to be able to put that to good use. I enjoy doing this. It’s fun, productive, and educational.
- Having the chance to read books before release – Another great perk! It’s what I’d imagine going to a movie premier would be like – just without the celebrities and photo ops!
My Least Favorite Book Blogging Things
- It can get expensive – Oh yes. Once you get hooked on an author or book series, stopping the chain of purchase is very difficult.
- Over booking – This is so easy when there are so many great opportunities to review so many great books. I’ve recently taken a look at my methods and cut back a bit so I can get my ducks in a row.
- Not having enough time to read everything – The plight of all major book worms.
30 Days of Thanks – Day 15 and 16
I am thankful for great friends. It’s always wonderful to look forward to fun get togethers with friends [and family.] Friends are the family we get to choose for ourselves.
I am thankful for public transportation. Sure, driving is great – but public transit allows for decompression time!