To say that I enjoy reading is an understatement. Reading is like breathing to me. That being said, there are topics I don’t enjoy quite so much. Let’s start with the favorites, though.
Favorite Things To Read About
- I’m a big fan of fantasy/paranormal beings – werewolves, fairies, witches, mermaids, shapeshifters, Greek gods… the list keeps going and going.
- Best friends who end up together – I’m a bit of a sucker for this topic (when it’s done well) because I married my best friend.
- Strong female characters
- Stories with music intertwined in the storytelling
Least Favorite Things To Read About
- Historical Fiction – It just doesn’t do it for me
- Biographies – Very rarely do I actually pick one up and fall in love with it
- Really angsty characters… Too much angst really ruins a story.
- Sex for sex’s sake. Tastefully written scenes are one thing, but scenes that are raunchy and thrown into every other chapter in an effort to grab a larger audience grinds my gears.
- Needy female characters
Thirty Days of Thanks – Day 7
I am thankful for the days my grandmother gets to see my son. She lights up when he’s around, even if they’re just sitting across from one another. She helped raise me and I’m glad she gets to see this new generation come into this world.