Life has been pretty crazy lately, but I can’t complain too much. Each day is a brand new adventure, especially when I have a book in my hands. There’s something wonderful
about going from the stress of the day to the comfort of words on a page. Reading is yoga for the mind, and I love finding my Zen.
Here’s a little update on what’s been going on with me:
- I was laid off of my full-time job the week before Christmas. The company I was working for laid off 200 employees, and since I was one of the most recent to start, I was one of the first ones out. Being a recruiter during a hiring freeze isn’t promising, since the work relies heavily on hiring. It’s been a rocky road, but I am confident I will find something great again. In the meantime, I’ve been keeping busy.
- I’ve been spending a LOT of time with my almost 5-month-old son. He’s pretty fantastic, honestly. I’m constantly amazed by him. You can read more about my adventures as a first time mom over on my other blog, Steps In Mommyhood.
- I’ve been editing Michele G Miller’s soon-to-be published book titled West and it’s soooo good. West is a mirror of the From The Wreckage series, but from West’s point of view. This is one that you seriously shouldn’t miss! More information to come!
- I am really excited to announce that I am now Mindy Hayes’ proofreader! I love her writing style and energy, and I can’t wait to dive into her work! I may also have another client for editing, though this has not been confirmed yet. If you’re interested in my editing services, please reach out to me. 🙂
- I started school back up on January 4th and I’m enjoying my class on Organizational Development. Still maintaining my 4.0 GPA and balancing all of life’s goodies. I’m also looking into taking some editing courses to continue honing my skills and staying up-to-date.
- I signed up for the A-to-Z Challenge again this year. Since I jumped on board so early for this go around, I am working on pre-loading all of my entries to stay on target. More on this to come in a separate post. In the meantime, if you have a blog, definitely consider signing up for this.
I’m working on creating a better system for posting on this blog in general. I will be working in editing and style tips, writing prompts, and other fun things. Keep your eyes peeled for more!