Please pardon my unexpected hiatus. I was spending much of my time with my grandmother, who took a turn a few weeks ago. We sadly lost her last week, but I believe she is in a better place. This has been a period of adjustment for my family, as we have all have had to find a new normal.
As for the rest of my life, here are some additional updates:
- I am proofing Mindy Hayes soon-to-be new release and I’m loving it. This is my first go-about with Mindy. I’ve always loved her writing and her personality; now I get to do more than just partake from afar.
- I’m doing a quick proof of From the Wreckage for Michele.
- Some other fun things are in the works with these two ladies. Can’t really share much else just yet.
- I started school back up in January after taking time off for maternity leave and I’m happy to report that with everything going on, I’ve maintained a 4.0 GPA. I’m loving this program through Emmanuel College in Boston, MA, and I couldn’t be happier with my progress halfway through my degree. I am onto my second course of the spring semester. Though I got off to a bit of delayed start after losing my grandmother, I’m catching up and really enjoying the subject matter.
- I’ve been unemployed for three months now. Luckily, the HR market is starting to pick up, so I will hopefully find something soon. I’m keeping myself busy with BabyJ, school, editing, job hunting, and other things.
- Just celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary. Time goes by so quickly. This year was pretty low-key. With funds being tight due to unemployment, we decided to just be us this year.
More fun to come. The A-to-Z Challenge is coming up in April, so that will be fun! I’m trying to get ahead with that, but first I need to catch up with school and editing.
**This has been cross-posted to my other blog, as well.